Friday, August 9, 2013

A Tisket, A Tasket

Four baskets (almost) completed out of 30 in the pattern "Glorious Baskets." I can't give any more information about the pattern as there is none on the pattern. Not the designer, copyright information, etc. There are two flowers missing from the lower left hand basket. I need to order more perle cotton. The top two baskets are the most successful as far as color goes. The upper right basket was supposed to be done in white, but I changed that to medium taupe, otherwise it was nearly invisible. The backgrounds will be scrappy which will keep the upper left one from looking mismatched.


  1. Looking good, Mary Ellen! I have a feeling I'm going to really like this quilt. :)

  2. I saw it in on a shop hop several years ago. It was sashed and bordered with fabrics that had real presence and were rather dark. A small floral with black background and some dark brown sashing. Doesn't sound too appealing, but looked great. I have a photo of it on my old cell phone.

  3. these little baskets are delightful

    1. I am having fun with them. I also discovered another old, old, old unfinished project in the great garage clean out. It's partially finished rose from a pattern by Gerda Bengtsson. I blogged about it recently : have all the threads for it, but no chart. Still on the hunt for a replacement although I may still have the chart somewhere in the basement.