Thursday, January 1, 2015

Grand Illusion Reveal!



Bonnie posted the reveal of her 2014 mystery quilt, Grand Illusion, at midnight last night. I was able to piece together three of the blocks (two are shown here) plus several of the sashing strips. I had worked out that the 2 x 4 green, white, and black blocks were probably going to be sashing, but the rest was a complete question mark in my mind until the reveal. This is a very happy quilt and the sewing and construction this year is easier than last year's mystery. When you see the overall scheme, the black patches provide a lot of movement in the quilt, almost as though they are handing off one block to the next. Overall I am pleased with the fabrics I have chosen and no complaints about the colors either, as I stayed with Bonnie's suggestions.

UPDATE: This is as far as I got, so this is what I am posting at Bonnie's Monday Link-Up. Click on over and see what her other homies have been up to. Some people have not only finished sewing the quilt top together, but they have quilted their Grand Illusion as well!

10 comments:

  1. I hadn't a clue about what the mystery would turn out to be either. Your colors look very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin. Now begins the slog of sewing it all together.

      Delete
  2. this looks really good your colours have worked well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stuck to Bonnie's colors, because I liked them and because I was feeling kind of lazy.

      Delete
  3. Looks great Mary Ellen. Your colour choices are great and this is going to be a fantastic quilt. Happy finishing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Slogging away today on getting the top pieced.

      Delete
  4. It looks great so far! Nice and bright~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it IS bright, isn't it? It's a happy quilt, I think.

      Delete
  5. It will be a very happy-looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your colours too -- better than some others I have seen. Now the excitement is over, the challenge is to finish it up!

    ReplyDelete