Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mizzou Quilted!


Mizzou is quilted, bound, labeled, washed and dried. Ready for gifting on Saturday. Some of my favorite Grunge fabric is in the first gold strip at the top of the quilt.


Closeup of the fusible appliques with the Mizzou tiger and university logo.


Tiger stripes for the backing.

The quilting follows the lines of the chevrons, so it was nothing complicated. The lines of quilting are about 1" apart and the new Bernina performed flawlessly without the aid of a walking foot. 

I have been cutting fabric in preparation for a Judy Niemeyer workshop on Saturday with my guild. Today I will gather up all the supplies I need. I am only lacking template plastic. There is usually some on hand in my sewing room, but the piece is not large enough so off to the store after lunch. I will also be picking up batting for the two QOVs that need to be quilted prior to September's meeting.

While in Cedar Rapids recently for a Ricky Tims Super Seminar, the latest Ricky project, "Lady of Shallott" was on display. The colors are gorgeous, and really, nothing is a good substitute for seeing one of these projects up close and personal. Mine was ordered today. With the new Bernina I have confidence that I can complete this project.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have some fun stuff on your plate! First, the Mizzou quilt is great, love the tiger stripe backing. I'm sure your niece (?) will too.

    Lady of Shallot is stunning, I drooled over both the colourways. Which one did you order?

    And the Niemeyer class sounds awesome too. What a great time you're having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered colorway #1- the purple and green one. I really liked the original. Might also really like the other one as well if I saw it made up. Yep, this summer is full of quilty fun.

      Delete