Sunday, March 10, 2013

Matsuri


I have been participating for several years in a workshop at the Quilted Fox called East Quilts West. We use the book of the same name by Kumiko Sudo and each month make a block from the book. It has been a wonderful way to expand one's use of texture and color. It is not a construction technique class. One participant in the past glued the pieces to poster board each month! This particular block is Matsuri, or Folk Festival.


Charlie is turning in to be the only cat in the menagerie interested in sewing. Although he looks as though he is sleeping, he only blinked because of the flash.

4 comments:

  1. I really love this block! Great shapes and colours. I have this book, I have to look it up. I'm glad Charlie is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a nice little companion. Maybe I will get a cat of my own finally. The other two always gravitate to David. Mostly because he sits still longer than I do!

      Delete
  2. an interesting block, you are sharing so many new things, thanks. Charlie looks so at home sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie is turning into a very nice addition. Especially since his neutering. Much calmer and quieter at night.

      Delete