Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Blocks


Not the best photo, but I have begun the baby quilt my sister asked for. It is the girl's version of the baby quilt that I posted about here. Today I will add the white setting triangles, sashing, and border. Next up - the prairie points.

Several people have asked about photos from my guild's recent show. I will post some in a bit, but first I want to get a slideshow completed of my photos from QuiltCon. It has turned out to be a larger task than first anticipated. The QuiltCon brochure gave permission for the quilts to be photographed and shown publicly (as long as it was not for a commercial purpose), but with one caveat - attribution must be made to the quilters. Therein lies the rub. Although I took photos of the labels so as to capture this information, some of the photos are not clear enough. It has been a bit of a chase around the web, looking at what others have posted, trying to nail down some of the quilter's names. Unfortunately, about 90% of the time, the poster has not complied with the restrictions regarding attribution. The photos are just published with a comment such as "cool quilts I saw at QuiltCon." If I can't figure out the last two or three, I will have to remove them from the photos I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment