Saturday, November 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice Clue #1 Finished!



Clue #1 from Celtic Solstice is finished! Yeah! As you can see there's a little bit of everything in the mix. Some Kaffes, batiks, and odds and ends from my stash. Since most of my black and white prints had been used for an earlier Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, there was one shopping trip to get some more of those. Several of us traded fabrics to give ourselves a nice scrappy selection. Since the local Jo-Ann's did not have the Tri-Recs ruler set (despite the fact that the web site indicated three sets available at my local store), I did find Marti Michell's version of triangle in a square rulers (Wonder Triangles), and used those to make my blocks.

The next clue will post next Friday, December 6 - on St. Nicholas' Day. There's a lot of buzz on Bonnie Hunter's web page, on Facebook, and other blogs. It's not too late to jump in! To see what everyone else is doing, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Great!!! Love your colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun doing these and learned how to use the Tri-Recs ruler set to boot!

      Delete
  2. very nice too, I also have the tri rec and seeing what you have done makes me think I must have another go with it, love the colour contrast with the blue and orange

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colours, Mary Ellen. Better, I think, than the reproductions the pattern is calling for. I'm excited to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to be on top of things! I look forward to watching your quilt unfold . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to trade up fabrics with others...now everyone will have a bit of everyone's in their quilts! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super fast ME! I saw you were one of the first ones to link up with Bonnie! The units look great! Onto clue #2 now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabrics! Good job on your units. I didn't get mine finished until last night to link up.

    ReplyDelete