Friday, January 7, 2022

First Finish for 2022

 Virginia Bound is a completed quilt top. I am pleased with how it turned out. Bonnie's directions are really well written. I had to do only a minimum of futzing and finagling to get the borders to fit. I changed the dimensions from using 3" squares, as her pattern directs, to 2.5" squares and I still got it to work. 


I intended to finish a second UFO today - Stepping Stones - a  Judy Niemeyer paper pieced top. The universe conspired against me, though. Power went off in my house shortly after noon today. Service was spotty. Refrigerator, furnace, garage door and some lights and sockets worked. The range, microwave, kitchen lights, sewing room, internet and wi-fi were out. The culprit was AT&T. They have been installing underground cable for a 5G network since the summer. Despite all the underground utilities being marked with literally hundreds of flags, the AT&T workers still managed to nick quite a few electrical lines. That was the case at my house. It's strange because some houses lost all or partial power and some not at all. The Ameren supervisor I spoke with a couple of months back said that AT&T will be getting a bill for all the damage they have caused.

Suffice it to say that by the time I set up a temporary sewing station in my living room, the power came back on but it's early evening here and I am done for the day. Tomorrow I will tackle Stepping Stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment