Saturday, January 8, 2022

And Then There Were Two

 Two finishes for 2022, that is. Stepping Stones, a paper-pieced Judy Niemeyer pattern, needed only the outer border, a print by Kaffe Fassett.  Truthfully, I don't know why I procrastinated so long.  It's really childish.


Admittedly this is not a great picture, but you get the idea. I like this pattern a lot and I remember that I enjoyed piecing the individual blocks. At the time I started this (August 2014) in a guild workshop with May Gunter, a certified Judy Niemeyer instructor, I bought an extra set of papers to make a second quilt. I can't find them, so I may order them again. I am forcing myself not to order them until I get a fair number of UFOs finished, otherwise I will be down the rabbit hole again, starting something new when I have plenty of things to finish up. 

One of my fellow guild members was working on this same pattern at retreat in October. She was using jelly rolls in neutral shades with gorgeous metallic highlights. If I was able to locate the same - or similar - fabrics, I would already be down the rabbit hole. She had bought the jelly rolls by haunting every JoAnn's for miles around. I was amazed that she had found them there, because I had never seen anything like them in JoAnn's.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the quilt top finish - and kudos to those of you who love paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete