Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas



Argyle Christmas, which I made last year, is now quilted although this photo is just of the unquilted top. It is a pattern from "Simply Modern Christmas" by Cindy Lammon, shown below. Bonnie Hunter is hosting a Christmas Party Link Up over at Quiltville. Take a look!




This is as far as I got with Alex Anderson's Christmas Lights pattern last year. It's still sitting on the floor under the design wall, waiting to be taken out of  "time out."


And much as I would like to take credit for this beauty, I have to give credit to Hattie Thompson, a guild member, who made this Christmas sampler quilt and showed it off to us last year. The pattern ran over most of the year in one of the quilt magazines several years back. It was either McCall's or American Patchwork and Quilting. It is just stunning and she did a beautiful job!


I will be wrapping presents and baking off one last batch of Christmas cookies today. What about you?

7 comments:

  1. My background is Scandinavian, so tonight's the big event here. Tomorrow we'll all be lying around wishing we had eaten less. I hope you have a great day!

    (Maybe next year you'll be in the mood again for Alex's pattern - I love that one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scandinavian! Will you have a smorgasbord? I bet there are some great cookie recipes hiding in your collection! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I like your argyle quilt! Lime green with gray really pops. Our church's service is at 3 p.m. and both DH and I are among the readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up on the church services years ago. I was raised Catholic and it used to seem magical and mysterious to have Midnight Mass. But the priests got lazy and didn't want to be up so late (the explanation my mother gave us), so it became 10:00 p.m. mass on Christmas eve. Not quite the same. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  3. due to no buses on Christmas day I went for communion on tuesday, my Church is 5 miles away far to far to walk.
    Some lovely xmas makes you have here, especially like the colourful lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, 5 miles is a long haul. Hope your day is merry and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argyle Christmas is very chic! AND take the Christmas Lights pattern out of time out! That's gonna be awesome! Hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete