Friday, December 6, 2013

One down, 99 to go!



Clue # 2 posted early this morning at Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt. I have a doctor's appointment this morning and it snowed last night. You know what that means. Lots of snarled up traffic. So I am leaving extra early and not taking the interstate. But I just had to make one of these cuties - chevron blocks that measure 3.5 inches unfinished. And mine did! Yeah!!


What is that old saying? Haste makes waste? Well, it sure did this morning. The first block at the top of the post is WRONG!. This is the correct one. It was a simple matter of reverse sewing one seam and resewing the halves back together on the other sides of the patches.

6 comments:

  1. I can see that would be an easy mistake to make, but fortunately, also fairly easy to fix. 99 more! Good thing you didn't discover the mistake after chain-piecing a dozen or more! I hope your day's going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go ME! I have all of mine cut out, and all but one set drawn. I made one test block, and have a feeling I am gonna love this clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very satisfying to make this block. Especially when the seams match and you don;t sew it backwards!

      Delete
  3. I have my 200 yellow squares cut and had to stop due to pain in my right wrist--arthritis, I suspect. Thanks for sharing your mistake which will prevent me from making the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a jelly roll strip of the same yellow you used here, but mistakenly cut it too narrow. Bummer! That was my favorite yellow fabric for this project and I just had this strip from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That yellow is atleast ten years old! I was glad to see it go.

      Delete