Sunday, December 22, 2013

Finishing Things



I finished up a few things in the past two days. First up is clue #4 of Celtic solstice, seen above. To see what everyone else is doing and to follow along, go here.

Next is a quilt for baby Ethan's first Christmas. Ethan is the son of my nephew. Here is his quilt, made with fabrics from the Comma line by Zen Chic.


His cousin, only 5 weeks old, is Elsie. She has already been gifted with a quilt and now she has a tiny bear to go with it.



Here is the quilt that the bear goes with.



I also made five fabric gifts for my quilting buddies, but since they may glance at this blog on occasion, I will post a photo of those tomorrow, after they have been given to the recipients.


11 comments:

  1. you have been busy, 2 lovely quilts for little ones and the bear is so cute, Love the selection of colours in your celtic piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season in the land of Dickens!

      Delete
  2. Your units for the mystery look wonderful, as usual. Those quilts and that teddy bear are too cute! I love Comma by Zen Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful fabrics you've used in all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Celtic Solstice colors! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fine aunt you are! I have a jellyroll of the Zen Chic Comma fabrics--I'm waiting for inspiration and time. I love what you did with it for Ethan's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern for it is in Precut Quilts by Janie Lou.

      Delete
  6. Love the baby quilt, the cute bear, and the wonderful fabrics in your mystery pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love those Comma fabrics too, and the pattern is perfect! You are on a roll with Celtic Solstice. It is a lot of sewing over the holiday!

    ReplyDelete