Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Herschel and Friends

I finished piecing the top of "Dogs in Sweaters" by Elizabeth Hartmann. I am calling this one "Herschel and Friends". The second dog from the top in the green sweater will sport a pair of eyeglasses, yet to be made and added. I am off to the quilt store to get an appropriate backing fabric. I have something I like, but not enough. Maybe there will be more left at the shop. If not, on to plan B.





Kevin the Quilter taught a workshop recently that I had the good fortune to attend.  The project we made was "Sorta, Kinda Amish" and this is mine.


Before you think I went all crazy with the colors, here is the inspiration quilt I found on Pinterest. It is an Amish quilt from Lancaster County, PA circa 1930.


If you follow the link above to kevin's blog, you will find a photo from our workshop at the very end of his post. That's me on the floor in the center with my partially completed top.



3 comments:

  1. I just love that "Amish" quilt! It turned out so well. And Herschel is pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so wonderful seeing you in class......and I am honored you wanted to take it with me! I love your "Sorta, Kinda Amish" quilt top. I can't wait to see how you choose to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete