Friday, February 4, 2022

Healing. Slowly.

 I am slowly healing from the pain of sciatica. Lots of clinicians/therapists visiting and treating me at home. That's one silver lining to the whole Covid pandemic. Many practitioners have already changed over to online or in-home protocols. I have found that ice and Aleve are more beneficial than heat and ibuprofen. There are daily stretches and exercises to do as well, which I am doing religiously.

I have mostly been working on the cross stitch project shown in the previous post - that is as my pain level allows. The past few days have been better so I am making progress. I have a few baby quilts for donation that are small enough that they could be sandwiched on my breakfast bar. If I feel up to it I may get them ready so that when I can again sit at the sewing machine, they will be ready to quilt. Needless to say, my therapists are not happy to hear that. They don't like the idea of sitting for any period of time. I am not sure what the alternative would be. Lying in bed? I certainly can't stand for a prolonged period. 

We had a big snowfall Wednesday overnight and all day yesterday, Thursday. We received around 8 inches where I live. It could have been worse. It was predicted that a record could occur of up to 18 inches! It's very pretty and I am glad that I can't drive right now. It's supposed to be in the 50s by this time next week.

With anticipation that I will have something quilty to show soon, I will sign off now. Wishing that you are all safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment