The pattern uses a layer cake bundle. I had one on hand from Kate Spain so that is what I used. The problem was that there were many large patterned floral fabrics in the bundle which did not make for a very calm quilt. I added some Kaffe aboriginal dot fabrics to try and tone things down a bit. I am not all that enamored of this quilt and added the black and white border because I felt it needed something a bit less colorful somewhere. That said, a local speaker we had at guild last year absolutely loved it. Go figure.
I quilted it using rulers. I cannot say that ruler work is fun or even particularly accurate. At least in my case. I found it very difficult to get consistent results. And it was very tiring trying to keep the ruler and the quilt moving in unison. My hat off to those that have mastered it. I much prefer free motion quilting even with the less than stellar results I produce.