Monday, February 23, 2015

Hunkered Down



It has been very cold here and there is still a bit of snow on the ground. Not inviting outside, to say the least. Plus I have been fighting off a cold. So, plenty of time for sewing. Kaleidostar is as done as I can get it until more fabric is purchased for the final border. It will probably be black, but I don't have anywhere near enough, so maybe tomorrow I will get out and go on a fabric hunt.



The lily is from a photograph that my husband took. I printer it onto fabric and am trying my hand at thread painting. It's maybe 50% done. Lots more to do on it. It's a challenge piece for our guild's quilt show in March. The challenge was to make a miniature quilt with a flower on it somewhere. It's about 14" square.


3 comments:

  1. Love your kaleidoscope, is it your own design. The fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleidostar turned out great, and your thread painting is off to a good start as well. You are certainly doing your part for the guild this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow ME!!!! Kaleidostars is marvelous! And what's more......your string painting on this flower is so EXCITING! I can't wait to see it in the show!

    ReplyDelete