Sunday, December 9, 2018

Good Fortune Clue #3

I was really dreading the chevron blocks that Bonnie had for us in clue #3. I had made these blocks in previous years for her mystery and it was a sad tale indeed. Mine were quite wonky in many cases. However this time I used her Bonus Buddy ruler according to her directions and was amazed to find that all of the chevrons and bonus half square triangle blocks came out spot on. Almost no trimming - except for dog ears - was needed. I am a happy camper.

I am using grass or lime green for the darker green that Bonnie calls for. I substituted very dark forest green for the blue called for in the pattern. My intention is to make a Christmas quilt and with any luck these substitutions will work. To see all the other wonderful color palettes, head on over to Bonnie's blog.


I am going back and forth between Bonnie's mystery quilt and Gyleen Fitzgerald's Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles QAL on her Facebook page of the same name. Bonnie's clues are posted on Fridays and Gyleen's on Tuesdays. So far I have been able to finish the mystery clue well before the following Tuesday. I am now in the process of seaming together the QAL blocks. It is a bit of a puzzle as there are several partial seams required to put the top together. I am methodically working through Gyleen's instructions after first thinking I could just wing it. It's a little more complicated than that.


The colors look washed out in this photo. Next time it should be all sewn together and I will attempt a more saturated photo that shows the colors better.


1 comment:

  1. I have never tried her bonus buddy ruler - sounds like it works well from your experience.

    ReplyDelete