Besides sewing labels and hanging sleeves on the six quilts I am entering in our guild's quilt show weekend after this one, I managed to finish the February optional block, Due to the weather, the January meeting was cancelled, so this block, meant to be turned in last month, was not picked up until then. There was a block for March, but I didn't bite, because I figured there was enough on my plate already.
There are three challenge opportunities that will be exhibited at the show. One, the Spring challenge, I didn't do. I made two for the Seasons challenge - a winter and autumn. I will show you those after tomorrow night's guild meeting when we vote on them. The third challenge was "Hot Hexies" given out by the quilt show chair. Anything having to do with hexies she said, The sky's the limit. Use your imagination. So I english paper pieced this number and fussy cut a little bit. The outer edges of this small quilt are black. It is on the design wall on top of something else. No other place to put it for a photo.
It is minimally machine quilted, primarily along the seam lines. There is no binding. The edges were finished by trimming the batting away from the edge by a healthy quarter inch. The backing was then folded in over the batting and the quilt top raw edge was folded in over that.Then I whip stitched the edges together. I was thinking that I would then edge stitch a quarter of an inch in from the outer edge all the way around to simulate a binding. But now I'm not going to do that. It's done.