Friday, September 23, 2016

Sew Day


Our guild had a Sew Day yesterday at Janie Lou Quilt Shop. We  used Victoria Findlay Wolfe's made fabric technique to sew 6" blocks for our Comfort Quilt project. We are making small quilts for Nurses for Newborns, a local non-profit. Some of the members didn't want to make an entire quilt, so I took the "leftovers" and paired them with a neutral fabric to make this small quilt. I used my treadle and will sandwich it and quilt it today. using one of the kits we made up from fabric donated by Janie Lou. The neutral squares are from Brigitte Heitland's Zen Chic line. I found a black and white striped binding on the free table at the last guild meeting, and may use that to bind this quilt. Or I might use a purple fat quarter that was in the kit I picked up.

3 comments:

  1. Really cool- will there be another workday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on October 13. It really was a lot of fun. Wow! I barely recognize the blocks I made that are included in this quilt.

      Delete
  2. looks great and for such a worthwhile cause

    ReplyDelete