The Fancy Forest baby quilt is sandwiched and ready for quilting. I am planning on a free motion wood grain design. A bit more practice and I will begin the process.
Some progress has been made on Bonnie Hunter's 2016 leader/ender challenge. The challenge for me is keeping ahead of the process by having the fabric cut and ready to hand. I probably could have had the top and bottom green borders and the next round of neutral blocks done by now while piecing Fancy Forest if I had been prepared.
Sunday I took a short workshop on how to finish up this project that I started ages ago. I had initially decided on an aqua background, but surprisingly it wasn't doing anything for the Dresden plates. With the help of the teacher, I settled on a taupe-ish background. I am so not sure this wallhanging will be a winner; the colors are no longer speaking to me. The smallest block in the bottom left hand corner was a lot of work for the dog it has turned out to be. I will salvage the teal segments and possibly reuse them somewhere else. Or maybe not. The yellow plates are giving it a bit more punch and I will make more with that color in them. The plates are fun to make except when they turn out ugly. The one lightish one with the rick rack trim may also be saying bye-bye. Maybe if it gets a more vibrant overlay it is salvageable. I tell you, the design wall is a double edged sword. Can't live with it and sometimes you just can't live with it either. Or at least what you put on it..