Thursday, March 12, 2015

New York Beauty Finish



The New York Beauty quilt that I began in May 2014 at a workshop with Linda Hahn is finished. Quilted, bound, labeled and with sleeve attached. Ready for the guild quilt show weekend after next.

The workshop was hosted by the Piece and Plenty Guild in Rolla, MO. The pattern is Buffalo Bubble Gum by Linda Hahn.

It was actually more or less finished quite a while ago, but I was not satisfied with the quilting. I started it on my old Pfaff and used the tacking stitch at the beginning and ending rows to quilt the purple around the center new York Beauty blocks. The stitching did not really hold and was coming loose every place I used the non-tacking tacking stitch. I had to either pull out the stitching and redo it, or stitch over the top of it. Neither way was fast. I bought a new machine in July and used it to fix the problem.

The color is a bit off in the photo. The background fabric is very warm and a light golden apricot. It looks beige in the photo, but I am not going to fiddle with the software to try and fix it.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Mary Ellen! Isn't it great how a new machine just dissolves away those problems? I am looking forward to the same experience with the next thing I quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOW! Very cool version ME! I love it! And I am so impressed you do your quilting on your domestic machine! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a manageable size for home quilting.

      Delete