Monday, February 16, 2015

Kaleidostar Block



On Saturday our guild had a workshop with Toby Lischko of  Gateway Quilts 'n Stuff. She taught her pattern, Kaleidostars. The tecchnique takes advantage of symmetrical fabric and you use mirrors to choose sections of the fabric to use. The two fabrics in the LeMoyne Star are by Paula Nadelstern. Jason Yenter and Jinny Beyer also design fabrics that work well for this use.

While I love my block as pictured, it is going to need revision because of how the purple fabric will be positioned in the finished quilt. Although it looks okay in the photo below, in reality the purple next to the black is kind of dark. I am thinking of switching it out for the turquoise.


It is snowing here today and thankfully we are not getting the 10" of snow that was originally predicted. If we get 4" by the end of the day, that is about right in my book. Good day for sewing. I am finishing up the binding on Grandmother's Choice. Photos soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple too, but I think I understand your issue. The turquoise will work well also, and might even give better contrast against the reds. What a spectacular technique! It's going to be very dramatic. :D

    ReplyDelete