Friday, April 4, 2014

Ninth Puzzler Block

I haven't blogged in a bit because there was really nothing new to show. I am still plugging away on the TQS 2013 BOM quilt. All the parts and pieces have not been sewn and can be arranged on the design wall. Well, now that I think about it, that is not entirely true. The nine small compass blocks that serve as cornerstones in the sashing have to be made. Then, after arranging the parts on the design wall, four sections will be sewn together at a time to make the four squares where the appliques will be. That is another hurdle conquered as I have finally decided on what to put in those areas as I don't care for the ones that are in the pattern.

Other than that, hexies have occupied my time in the evenings, but since they are all the same except for a change in color, it seems repetitious to keep posting photos of those.This evening I got back into the sewing room and made the ninth block in the Puzzler.


4 comments:

  1. this is a colourful piece, very nice, have missed your blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Margaret. I could have filled a couple of posts with photos of early spring flowers or of my cats, but I really prefer to mostly keep to sewing and quilting topics. I made all the hexies for the April block from the hexie blog but need to sew them together. Have you started April's block yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious fabrics ME! I love those red center blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so keen to see this one put together, Mary Ellen. Put the others aside and get this one done! It's going to be spectacular -- your fabrics look amazing in it.

    ReplyDelete