Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Zen Chic Table Runner Finished!



Yesterday was a fun day on all accounts. First off, breakfast with friends followed by a foray to three of the area's quilting meccas. Jackman's was first up and although I purchased nothing there, I found inspiration in the book section and one of our group did make a contribution to the local economy. Several hours at Batiks Plus followed. This business is open to the public by appointment only. The owner, Cookie Martin, is just wonderful and so generous. She has a die cutting machine and allowed us to use it to cut both fabric and templates for hexies. I am ready for tonight's game! Bring on the Sox!

Next up was Janie Lou's. I needed a small piece of yellow Zen Chic for the binding of the little table runner shown above.  One thing led to another and a book was purchased as well as fabric for a new Christmas quilt. We all went to lunch and by the time I got home it was nearly 4:00 p.m.

But wait! There's more. My daughter plays in an adult women's volleyball league and I have been wanting to go to her games for awhile. So, after a quick dinner (yes, I ate out for all three meals yesterday), the hubster and I swung by the rec complex to see her play. It was a lot of fun. Finally home for the evening I wasted no time in cutting and sewing on the binding for the Zen Chic table runner.

This morning another long-awaited treat arrived. Bonnie Hunter has posted the fabric colors and yardage requirements for her new mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice, on her Quiltville web site. This will be a fabulous quilt and I am in! What about you? I have done two of her mystery quilts. I have never been a fan of these things, but Bonnie's are great every time.

1 comment:

  1. what a generous shop lady letting you use her die cutter. I have just bought the sizzix big shot but not worked out the ins and quits of it yet, got a great bargain, on offer for £50 when it is usually £75, also got the hexies die and the tumbler.
    How I wish we had shops like yours to visit, I do have a market stall locally but no quilt shops, maybe it is just as well really as it is so hard to resist buying!

    ReplyDelete