Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lazy Sunday


Lazy Sunday is a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter published in four installments of Quiltmaker magazine. 24 Jacob's Ladder blocks complete my work on month 2. Since month 3 has landed in my digital edition, I can move forward on those blocks. All the parts and pieces for the month 3 block have already been made in months 1 and 2. There is quite a bit of cutting and sewing in month 3 for blocks that will appear in month 4. I have no idea where the Jacob's ladder blocks will end up in the finished quilt. Right now they are looking pretty "Mardi Gra-ish", which I hope dissipates with the completion of month 3.

5 comments:

  1. Well, Mardi Gras or not, I like it! Green, yellow & white is one of my favourite combinations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have attempted to start this mystery quilt, but, I have too many irons in the fire so to speak. I will live vicariously through you now! LOL Fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. must be fun to do a mystery quilt never knowing from one month to another what you will be doing next and what the finished quilt will look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do not like mystery quilts because when they are finished I think that it could have been better if the colors were in different places had I just known. However, this is a Bonnie Hunter mystery and I love how her quilts turn out.

      Delete
  4. It wasn't a lazy Saturday for you! I look forward to the mystery being revealed . . .

    ReplyDelete